Hey y’all! Happy Monday and Happy Halloween! This week’s meal plan is perfect for that fall weather that is finally starting to creep into the south! I hope you enjoy and let me know if you have any questions or meal ideas!
- Parmesan Risotto with Grilled Chicken and Broccoli
Ingredients Needed: 1 cup arborio rice, 3-4 cups dry white wine (like Sav Blanc), 1/2 cup 2% milk, half and half or heavy cream, 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Chicken, seasoned salt and broccoli.
- BPS Tip: No recipe to link, but will have one on the blog soon! Until then, just know this is super easy! Throw rice in your pot and add wine one cup at a time, until absorbed, stirring continuously. When rice is fully cooked (I test after three cups and add more wine if it’s still a little hard), add milk and cheese, stir until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste (takes about 30 minutes total). While the risotto is cooking, I grill some chicken and broccoli in olive oil to add to the risotto!
- Chicken & Rice Soup
- Ingredients Needed: 32 oz chicken broth, water, 1 cup rice, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, 1 can cream of celery soup, 3 carrots sliced, 2 chicken breasts cooked and diced.
- BPS Tip: This makes a TON of food! Use the largest pot you have- I use a large dutch oven for this recipe.
- Peach Whiskey BBQ Chicken
- Ingredients Needed: Chicken thighs or drumsticks, butter, 1 yellow onion, whiskey/bourbon or broth, BBQ sauce, peach preserves, worcestershire, garlic cloves, green onion
- BPS Tip: This recipe is super versatile. The link directs you to my recipe review which gives lots of options for substituting ingredients!
- Pulled Pork Tacos:
- Ingredients Needed: Tortillas, one pork shoulder, onion, 11 oz chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 2 cups soda or broth, brown sugar chips, salsa, jalapenos and pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- BPS Tip: I don’t use as much liquid as Ree does and you can really use whatever you have on hand. I have made this with soda, broth and beer with little difference in taste between them. If you’re not a taco fan, this pulled pork is also great on sliders! This is so easy to make and with a couple shoulders you can feed a crowd!
- Pumpkin Turkey Chili:
- Ingredients Needed: 1 lb ground turkey, 1 can petite diced tomatoes, 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained, 1 can black beans rinsed and drained, 1 can pumpkin puree, 1 TBS chili powder, 2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt (more to taste), 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 1/4 cup water.
- BPS Tip: No recipe needed for this one- just throw it in your slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4 hours!